Business & Commercial
Nelson Hardiman’s team of seasoned litigators and former federal prosecutors zealously protect healthcare and life sciences entities and individuals threatened by business litigation and commercial disputes. We harness our in-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry and related business operations to align our winning litigation strategies with your business objectives.
Recognized leaders in healthcare law, we blend our national reputation for business expertise and deep experience with underlying regulatory issues to tackle the most complex issues in healthcare. We defend mergers and acquisitions, and litigate contract, operational and intellectual property disputes. We channel our passion and focus for healthcare and life sciences to fiercely defend our clients’ business interests. We fight to win.
Our Work Includes:
- Business Litigation Represented a hospital system in a contract dispute over the sale of one of California’s biggest Catholic hospital systems.
- Complex Business Litigation Represented a national health system in a contract dispute with another health system and its management company involving the unsuccessful purchase of five financially distressed nonprofit hospitals.
- Hospital Business Dispute Successfully resolved a breach of contract dispute involving two national hospital systems, after obtaining favorable rulings on motions in limine just days before trial. The complaint sought millions in damages resulting from a failed acquisition of six California hospitals.
- Merger Cases Defended Section 7 cases in US District Court, made Hart-Scott-Rodino and related filings, handled extensive Second Requests, HSR filings, and Civil Investigation Demands.
- Multi-party Business Lawsuit Represented 40 medical marijuana dispensaries and obtained favorable settlements in a multi-party lawsuit filed by the City of Los Angeles.
- Trade Name Dispute. Represented an outpatient surgery center or ASC in an action against a competing ASC for trade name infringement.
- Unfair Competition Obtained terminating sanctions on behalf of client against business competitor for unfair competition and declaratory relief.