Nurses and related healthcare professionals rely on Nelson Hardiman to navigate a highly regulated environment with rapidly evolving roles and scopes of practice. From licensing, bylaws and administrative proceedings to professional liability and risk management concerns, we’ve advised clients across all phases of healthcare compliance, and provided guidance and legal representation defending litigation claims. Our team blends the restorative mindset and insight of a healthcare professional with the legal strengths of field-tested healthcare attorneys. We’re committed to delivering legal solutions that achieve exceptional results for nurses and allied healthcare professionals.
Related PracticesGovernment InvestigationsLitigationRegulatory ComplianceTransactions
Our Work Includes:
- Business Services Advised on the formation of professional corporations and management companies and on healthcare provider and managed care network contracts.
- California Board of Registered Nursing Persuaded Board to drop investigation of a registered nurse who was reported to her licensing Board for boundary violations as a home-based nurse.
- California Board of Registered Nursing Represented nurses in enforcement actions including licensing issues, complaints of negligence, incompetence, fraud and abuse, disciplinary actions, and related actions and appeals concerning the practice of nursing.
- Litigation Litigated Stark, Anti-Kickback and white-collar defense, payor and reimbursement disputes, overpayment appeals, business and employment litigation
- Medicare/Medi-Cal Defended fraud and abuse, exclusions and suspensions, provider enrollment appeals.
- Malpractice Defended against medical malpractice claims in binding arbitrations, court trials and on appeal.
- Medical Staff Advised on medical staff credentialing, peer review processes, medical staff bylaws and mandatory reporting requirements, changes in the law and needed revisions to policies and bylaws.
- Regulatory Compliance Counseled healthcare professionals on professional liability