Kathyrn F. Edgerton discusses the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and how it applies to healthcare organizations that operate solely in the U.S.
The GDPR became effective on May 25, 2018 and is part of the EU data protection reform package, along with the data protection directive for police and criminal justice authorities.
The new regulation focuses on:
- reinforcing individuals’ rights,
- strengthening the EU internal market,
- ensuring stronger enforcement of the rules,
- streamlining international transfers of personal data and
- setting global data protection standards.
Posted on August 7, 2018
ProVisors Healthcare Affinity Group
08/07/2018 7:00 am-9:00 amRegister
Client Alert: Acquittals in $1.4B Reliance Labs Fraud TrialClient Alert: DA charges Beverly PlacePriority Litigation Update: GoodRx and the FTC’s Emergence in Protecting Health PrivacyClient Alert: Abortion – Five Issues to Watch in 2023“My Therapist Sounds like a Robot” – The Peril and Promise of Chatbot Therapy